I often found myself spending long hours in the office 6 or 7 days a week, at home i cannot use my desktop for long periods of time since i don’t have space for another desk therefore it’s on the floor used for music and video plugged into my TV, so i decided to ditch my old IBM Thinkpad and spend a bit of cash on a brand new laptop so i can sit at the table or on the sofa and do bits from home and spend less time in the office, this also releaves the need to drive 12 miles to the office when something breaks.
- XPS M1530 CORE 2 DUO T8300 2.40GHz,800,3M
- Display 15.4″ WXGA+ Widescreen (1440×900) TFT with Truelife
- Fingerprint Reader Biometric with BLACK accent
- CCFL backcover black & 2.0mp camera
- Memory Dual Channel 4.0GB (2×2048) 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
- Hard Drive 320GB SATA (5400rpm)
- 8xDVD+/-RW Slim Slot-Load Drive
- Battery XPS Primary 6-cell 56WHr Li-Ion
- 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT
- Dell Travel Remote control
- IntelÂ® Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-PCI Card, EUR
- European – Dell TrueMobile 355 internal
- Bluetooth Module
- Operating System : English Genuine Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium including Media
After installing FireFox, Zend Studio, Office, Filezilla and Putty i can now do research and work remotely with ease, i cannot find fault with this laptop – it was worth every penny.
Now i just need to buy an NAS for my home network so i can access those music and videos files on my “desktop” with the need for it to be on.